Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I have visited the forum (too long). Checked the FAQ area and no questions poped up that cover this specific need.

I have a 1973 SS Custom Hatchback, 350ci 4bl. I just replaced the wiper motor and it works fine.

I am trying to figure out the washer pump installation now. When I took the old one off it came off in pieces, so I have no idea how the pump assembly goes together onto the wiper motor other than the exterior bolts that hold it in place.

The main thing is, "How does that little four point cog fit in there? Where does it go?" The cog looks like a little pump wheel and has an oval opening with flat sides on one side that would fit over a shaft with the same shape but I cannot find one that it fits - there is only one on the wiper motor that I can see and it does not fit that one. The other side of the cog has a little pimple that seems like it would fit into an indentation - can't find that any where.

Does anyone have or know where I can find a parts breakdown of the wiper/washer pump? Or tell me how it goes together?

I am stumped.

Thanks guys,
Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts