Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find stock replacement control arms (upper and lower) for a 73 Nova? Everywhere I look I see the tubular ones which are way too much and they lower the car to a a point that it scrapes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are a little pricey...Can you buy them cheaper somewhere if they arent already put together?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those might work. Do you think they lower the car? That's the problem I have now. I bought a set of tubular control arms, and the seller didnt say they had a drop pocket for the spring. lowered the car to the ground!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
havent tried spacers...would that raise the whole car up? right now the exhaust/header is practically touching the street

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Deep in the fine print

I found at the end of the description that the spring perch is 2' lower than stock. So that's the root problem. You could go to a stiffer spring, like for a 6 cyl or big block as a solution. That way you can keep the better control arms and get the height you need. The spring will probably be the same length, but have different compression rates. I'd set you up with my old ones if you were in the Seattle area. -p-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The old arms were bent...is there a spring you could recommend? Need to raise it at least two to three inches...my concern also is that the lower arm will rub/scrape... Would the spring help prevent that?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! I took a look at those. Do you think I'd be able to buy spacers for the product you posted just in case?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find stock replacement control arms (upper and lower) for a 73 Nova? Everywhere I look I see the tubular ones which are way too much and they lower the car to a a point that it scrapes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am pretty local to you and I do have a set of original rust free a-arms I had powder coated and Poly bushings installed with all new Balljoints. Let me know if you may be interested. They are like brand new. I don't think I am going to use them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts