Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, curious what length is normal for the driveshaft when running a small block with small block mounts, and a turbo 400, im away at school and looking to order my driveshaft, i believe i messured it at 50 inches but want to see if this sounds rights to other people, also 99 percent my rear end is an 8.5

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would strongly recommend you not order it until you measure it as instructed by the company you chose to build it. Most have a form you have to fill out with very specific measurements, usually more than just one. If you wing it and it's wrong, you may have to pay to correct it. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good afternoon, curious what length is normal for the driveshaft when running a small block with small block mounts, and a turbo 400, im away at school and looking to order my driveshaft, i believe i messured it at 50 inches but want to see if this sounds rights to other people, also 99 percent my rear end is an 8.5
I agree with the other comments. In 1973, the top transmission choice for the Nova was a TH350. So with a TH 400, you must take careful measurements. With your car on level ground, CAREFULLY measure the distance between the end of the transmission tailshaft and the leading edge of the rear end yoke. That’s it. Call a reputable company such as Denny’s driveshafts for assistance and your new driveshaft. They can get you exactly what you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts