Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 1st rodeo with the LS.I have the LQ4 truck motor i am putting in and was wondering if i am gonna have to change oil pans or not.Does anyone know of a good streetable good sounding performance cam thats cheap....lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Holley 302-2 oil pan fits well.

LS motors dont chop like the old school stuff, the cams are typically smaller and use a little less overlap while still making great power.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Be sure to let us know how the install goes, I am thinking about one of these swaps for the 71. Were you able to get all the extras you will need like pedal, harness, computer? What trans are you going to run.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Build

Drive by cable for gas.I got the harness and all the other stuff for 1200 bucks.But i found a guy in Florida that sends you what you want(standalone harness) ecm and all for 400 bucks and i still got mine.I had a 4L60 E that i already had built up so i am using that.I bought a LS3 cam for a 100 bucks to discover its a 1 bolt design so its on a shelf.Now i am saving money for oil pan,LS7 lifters and trunion upgrade kit.Then comes cam.The list gets larger everyday.500 for tank with pump and guage.350 for posi unit,already got 3:73 gears on 8.5 rearend.Then radiator another 500 bucks.Looks like i am gonna have to sell wifes 69 Camaro....lol:turn:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You can do tank and pump setup cheaper but it will involve using a diesel type tank sump or having a 60 dollar metal sump welded to the bottom of your stock tank. In the 69 Nova build in my signature we used a stock sumped tank w inline fuel pump to supply turbo ls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts