Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all.

Long story long.
My first car I drove was a my Mom's 69 Impala 4 door. Yes I realize that is not a Nova, but it eventually donated it's 327 heart to a 69 Acadian. This was short lived. 18 years old and good times ended up with me rolling the car. It then became a roofless field dune buggy, yes that was very dumb! But hey, they were just cars back then. Anyway over the next bunch of years I owned several Novas. mostly of the 73 variety and hatchbacks. It was during one stage of my life where family ruled and I had to move towns due to situations. There was this 73 Custom sitting in the garage, not running. I called a cousin and asked if he wanted it. He took it home and stored it with his other stuff. He never did do anything with it. I think he was saving it for me! He recently passed away and the family gave me the car back. I bought this car originally in 1989ish. I don't recall for sure, but the accident sticker that removed it from the road is still in the glove box, along with the dealer order sheet. It was originally Midnight Blue, but was painted red back whenever. So here I am 30 years later with a car I started to save when it was on about 16 years old.
Thanks for listening to the ramble. I will start a build thread once I get going heavily. For now I have acquired a good running 350 and 700R4 a friend built years back. That will be the beginning of the resurrection.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,659 Posts
Welcome to the site!
Looking forward to seeing your 73 Nova resurrected... please be sure to keep us posted.
Note: The 2004R is another good option for an overdrive transmission for your Nova.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,931 Posts
WELCOME to SNS ... glad you found the Best Nova Site there is.

Have fun with u'r 73 .... for sure.

from Chino Valley, Arizona .....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I couldn’t resist the urge to day to throw on a different set of rims I had kicking around. Those slots where a set I had before I remembered these ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was away and didn’t realize the pic would not load. I tried again and it wouldn’t recognize my pictures on my phone. Trying again here. It won’t work. Going to try and take a pic and see if it will load.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has been a while and I basically forgot about this post. I have done some work, basically on a drive train. I will not be doing any body repair. I got a 4 bolt 350 with a windage tray, original full floating 72 flat tops and I built a 72ish LT1 clone, with a bit of a cam. Now one must realize I'm building this car as I would have finished it back the, so, I kept the shackles from way back and beefed up the rear leaf springs and will be running air shocks. The rear archs 1 1/2" above the 295/50/15 that will be there. Right now these are old FR 50 15's that came with the rims. I hope to fire it up just after the new year.

IMG_3003.JPG
IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_3161.JPG
IMG_3177.JPG
IMG_3187.JPG
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3532.JPG
WCJX0507.JPG

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,127 Posts
Nice progress.
when/how did you change the front bumper?
I see your "Not like the others." that's awsome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks folks. I forgot about the bumper and grill. My grill has damage so I found a 69 or 70 or whatever it was. It was all one color with no black. I painted it up and changed the front bumper with it. It was simple but I had to rewire the signal lights down to the ones in the bumper. I like it but I'm keeping the 73 rear. I like the tail light look better than the earlier single small one. I also put in a set of bucket seats out of a 80's Shelby Charger. The track was easy to adapt and they are unbelievably comfortable!

WHTP6016.JPG
IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2278.JPG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are the floor repairs that were required. Not much really, I'm used to working on Mopars!

AVYL2798.JPG
IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1293.JPG
IMG_1294.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG
UWQO6954.JPG

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,931 Posts
Cool looking 73 Nova . . . . . . . . and ; Welcome back into th ' mix . . . . . :) .

ps - - I like those "trunk versions" best . . . . & the front bumper mod looks very good .

. . . . later , jim

Reactions: gdrill
1 - 17 of 17 Posts