Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had sent my car off to a backyard body shop for work and was gone over a year, u fortunately learned the hard way. But I had been missing plenty of parts to try and out her back together when I sent them new parts to replace bad ones and they never moved certain hardware over for me. So putting the headlights back together and I seem to be missing a spot to screw two of the three screws into. I had a new grill and radiator support put in and now I believe there was a bracket or two that I’m missing and can’t seem to find out what it looks like or how to find it in a store. In the picture you will see one of the three screws in place.

Can anyone send me a pic of there set up so I k ow what toook for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well can’t figure out how to post a picture on here. Build an engine from scratch-no problem. Install head lights and post a pic to forum- help!? Ha

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,109 Posts
I put picture on my desktop.
Open a post or reply.

then go to manage attachments below the box you type in

click on it and then browse to the picture an hit upload

then scroll down and hit the submit reply.

It can be confusing as there is a submit reply button under the box you type in, just scroll below it

I have a 73 and will help If I can

·
6,556 Posts
https://www.ebay.com/itm/73-74-Nova-Grill-Brackets/183190934009

These brackets have tabs for the two headlight trim screws and two holes for holding the grill. The brackets bolt to the face of the radiator support.

I would also find and buy the factory GM shop manuals for your year car as they can be VERY helpful when needed.

Jim

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,109 Posts
You may be missing the inside bracket: heres some pictures
Q first is the end of your grill screwed to anything? note in my first pic the nylon nutserts that's where the grill screws go.
The second is from before I painted and added the nylon nutserts there are similar nutserts where the trim mounts. the square holes are for the grill mount. In the second pic you can see the trim mount behind the trim to the right of the square hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,838 Posts
hey ... Rupert

u'r pictures ARE Golden ...... ------------ NPHNP , at its best.

Jesse.roge

go back to u'r "sig box" and list u'r "city & state" and "what type -year - car u have". that's good info for other members.

meaning --- I have ONE each of those brackets --- YOU can have it ---- but, I don't know where you are, and I only have 1 ea, may not be worth shipping ? my car is a 69 ----

I'm in Northern Arizona .... Prescott, Az area .... 86323 zip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rupert..

No the end of my grill is not screwed to anything at all, that was my first clue I was missing something. I am def. missing that bracket on both ends. Great Pics!! Just what I needed to know.

Twinshadow..

Very generous of you to offer. Now not sure the 69 ones would fit my 73. I did update my location and car info. Good call on that. I am in Jacksonville, FL. May be cheaper to order from that Link Rupert posted for me.

Thanks to very quick responses, very happy to have found this site.

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,109 Posts
Jim gave you link......I suggest this place:

https://www.dvap.com/?s=any&q_make=Chevrolet&q_year=1973&submit=Search

I just called them for headrests and slots for my bench seat. they went to look...how cool.

You can get the correct plastic nutserts for your grille online, I think I got mine at SS396

Same with the trim mounts and the screws.

Note that the other trim piece below the headlight ring bolts to the bracket as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts