Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Getting Ready To Buy A 1972 Nova That Has Spirit Of America Decals On It. Ive Never Seen A 72 With These. It Still Has The Pop Card, All Maintenence Records And Original Receipt Of Purchase. It Even Has Factory Buckets And Console With Gauges, Rear Defrost And Power Disc Brakes.does Anyone Know Anything About This Car, Or Possibly If Such A Vehicle Did Exist In 72. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Has The Picture Of It On The Showroom Floor In 72 And These Decals Are On It

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I have never heard of a '72 Spirit of America Nova. Do you have anything that lists the RPO # for the Spirit of America package? Can you post the picture of the car on the showroom floor? That will be really interesting to see. If you want, PM me for my email addy, and I will post the picture for you!

Randy (interested to see!);)

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
That may be true for GM production, but does not account for a dealer modified car. It is entirely possible for a dealer to have outfitted the car with the decals in 72. I would still like to see some pictures!!!

Randy (gotta share them pics!!);)

·
3,862 Posts
Are those the decals that weren't available until '74?:D

Just goofing on you Randy. It would be nice to see the referenced pics.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
72VenturaII said:
Are those the decals that weren't available until '74?:D
Ha ha ha...rotflmao...thats EXACTLY what I was thinking too......:D :)

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I just love you guys!!! With friends like this, who needs enemies!!!:rolleyes: :D

The primary reason I think it is plausible is because of the guy who was posting questions last year about a "Dakota" Nova that he found. It turned out to be a dealer named Dakota ordered a quantity of Novas, and applied decals that they had somebody make for them. This could be a similar situation.

Anybody know how far in advance a dealer gets information about new production items or options? Maybe a dealer decided to get the jump on GM?

Randy (ya bunch o' knuckleheads!!!);) :D :D

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
72GreenRally said:
Anybody know how far in advance a dealer gets information about new production items or options? Maybe a dealer decided to get the jump on GM?
I think you're reaching on that one! :D

Now, if a dealer in 1974, added them to a 1972........................;)

Dan (but, who knows?):p

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
DANNO said:
I think you're reaching on that one! :D

Now, if a dealer in 1974, added them to a 1972........................;)

Dan (but, who knows?):p
When my Dad was working for Chrysler garage, he know that the PT Cruiser was going to be available with a turbo long before it hit the market. I don't remember how long though. It may be reaching, but it may not also!!

I see what you are saying also Dan. According to DMV, my 72 was not registered for the first time until sometime in 73. This particular SOA Nova may have been a trade-in in 74, and the dealer decided "why not"!!

Randy (still want to see the pic!!):D

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Soa Nova?

Sorry Guys, The Car Was Sold When I Went Back. Listening To The Owner Describe The Markings, It Was Originally A White Car With Red And Blue Stripes Running Lengthwise On The Deck Lid And Hood Near The Quarters And Fenders(similar To 74 Ss Markings). It Had A Grille Emblem Similar To The Soa Script On The Decklid Of 74's. It Also Had Another Emblem On The Hood Near The Script. The Picture He Showed The Other Day Showed The Car As It Sat For Delivery On 9-22-72 In Connersville Indiana.sorry I Cant Get More Info. Im Thinking That This Might Have Been The Dealer That Did This But I've Never Seen Another In The 20 Years Ive Been Collecting/admiring Novas

·
Registered
4 Posts
1972 spirit of america nova car

hi-i also might have one of these cars...slowly putting back together this 72 nova..i just listed a question on the site[origionality]...my 72 supposedly was a late 72 issue to the qualifying dealers to test the spirit of america package?..from the ohio area.....its a white nova custom with hood stripes and red-white-blue sheild fender stickers and a grill emblem thats round with a bowtie and a number 1 on it..tha car is a 350 2v v8 with buckets and factory tach and console gauges...i have a old gm press release photo [?]....if you like contact me at [email protected]....i am also looking for any info-pics-history on these cars......thanks,mike

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Just before I was married I bought the other half a brand new Chevelle that had
a decal pack on it from the dealer. It was a St Patricks Day Special.

Needless to say.......the hair dryer came out when I brought it home to take all that stuff off of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts