Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a numbers matching ss with a 4 speed that had the vinyl floor but was trashed. I installed carpet when I finished the car a few years ago,but now was thinking of installing the vinyl floor. Should I install the vinyl or keep the carpet? Also who makes a good vinyl floor kit if I go that route? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Vinyl Flooring

When I first got my Nova, in 1999, I removed the interior and painted the floor with a bedliner product. On top of that I installed a new vinyl floor mat.
I liked the OEM basic look.

A few years went by and I came up with some better seats.
Out came the old seats and when I looked under the vinyl,
I found a Bad scene.

I live on the cool, humid Northern California coast, and the vinyl had trapped any available moisture. The heat from the exhaust headers in combination with cool rainy/foggy nights had condensed the moisture into a liquid. The liquid had bubbled away the bedliner, and had rusted holes in the floorboard.

I replaced the floorboard and installed breathable carpet on top of Dynamat.

The vinyl is rolled up in my woodshed.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Vinyl Flooring

I bought the flooring from Classic Industries. The fit and appearance were excellent, as expected.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I still have an original vinyl floor and I haven't seen any aftermarket ones that have same depth in the pattern, nor do they have any color as the originals did.
My aftermarket one looks great and fits well, but it is very different appearing then the original I have.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have an original vinyl floor and I haven't seen any aftermarket ones that have same depth in the pattern, nor do they have any color as the originals did.
My aftermarket one looks great and fits well, but it is very different appearing then the original I have.
Where did you get the vinyl from? Also what would do you keep the carpet or try the vinyl? Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
The repop rubber floors don't look like the originals. The material is also thicker and hard to work with. I got the rear to fit ok, but the front I couldn't. So, I removed it and looked around for a original. I did find a original, but cost me dearly and it fit like a glove. It has the correct look and fit, well worth paying the big dollars for the right car.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The repop rubber floors don't look like the originals. The material is also thicker and hard to work with. I got the rear to fit ok, but the front I couldn't. So, I removed it and looked around for a original. I did find a original, but cost me dearly and it fit like a glove. It has the correct look and fit, well worth paying the big dollarvs for the right car.
I wouldn't mind paying, but can't find the original
Rubber flooring.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Where did you get the vinyl from? Also what would do you keep the carpet or try the vinyl? Thanks
I got my flooring from early-birds.com. I love the rubber floor, it's something most folks don't use for a resto and it is easier to keep clean then carpet. I use the Nova in my signature to run around town, go on trips and the odd show'n shine, so it's nice to not worry about getting it dirty. Vacuum and damp cloth bring it right back, a little 303 protectant can make it look new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts