Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to this site. I’m slowly piecing Back together my Father in laws Nova SS; It’s a long story for another day. Problem is when I went to put the rear shock back on the car, the bolt that went through the top extension perch broke. I’m hoping someone here might be able to help me find the genuine part online. I’ve added photos of the perch, and the other bolt that’s not broken. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on where I can find this online, or if my best bet is the hardware store! Thanks.

Bumper Communication Device Input device Electronic instrument Musical instrument accessory
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Rim Automotive design
Ruler Rectangle Office ruler Yellow Font

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since I cannot delete my post. I wanted to follow up and say that I found the answer. The bolts and perch are for a Genuine Suspension Lift kit for the Nova.

Thanks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes, they're not needed for a non-lifted ride height Nova. Guys used to put these in with air shocks to get more lift out of the shocks.

Reactions: RifRaf and Hazer00

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I actually have a 3" pair of those that I am not using. I don't have the bolts though. You could use bolts with the same thread and the right length. If you would like them, I will give them to you for cost of postage. Let me know if these would help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have a 3" pair of those that I am not using. I don't have the bolts though. You could use bolts with the same thread and the right length. If you would like them, I will give them to you for cost of postage. Let me know if these would help.
I do appreciate the offer. The previous owner of the vehicle had modified the suspension for drag racing, my father in law is simply looking to cruise in comfort at the stock ride height; therefore the 3" raise will not be needed.

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts