Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1972 nova
In the middle of building my '72 Nova right now. Just had the bottom, floors, trunk, and firewall soda blasted. A little finessing and some seam sealer, and chassis black sprayed on the whole lot. Body has been blocked, all jambs sprayed and ready for final fitmemt after I get the springs mounted in the front subframe. New disc brake kit from RIGHT STUFF (4 wheel) with tubular control arms already in place on the powder coated subframe. Had the rear end blasted too and painted cast grey. All the little bits (rad support, headlight buckets, inner fenders, braces, and so on painted chassis black as well. 355 with aluminum heads being transplanted from my '66 into it soon along with a new Richmond 5 speed and Hays dual clutch. Getting new 3:08's for the rear because first gear is really low and 5th is 1:1, same as conventional 4 speed. Works out to 3:81 in first gear so it should work well together. I'll,post some pics when I get a chance

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's some pics for now

***Update***
I give up on trying to load pictures on this site. One day they work, the next they don't. Tired of the frustration.

Attachments

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,131 Posts
1972 nova
In the middle of building my '72 Nova right now. Just had the bottom, floors, trunk, and firewall soda blasted. A little finessing and some seam sealer, and chassis black sprayed on the whole lot. Body has been blocked, all jambs sprayed and ready for final fitmemt after I get the springs mounted in the front subframe. New disc brake kit from RIGHT STUFF (4 wheel) with tubular control arms already in place on the powder coated subframe. Had the rear end blasted too and painted cast grey. All the little bits (rad support, headlight buckets, inner fenders, braces, and so on painted chassis black as well. 355 with aluminum heads being transplanted from my '66 into it soon along with a new Richmond 5 speed and Hays dual clutch. Getting new 3:08's for the rear because first gear is really low and 5th is 1:1, same as conventional 4 speed. Works out to 3:81 in first gear so it should work well together. I'll,post some pics when I get a chance
Hey Gillis, your defiantly all over it..

Just an FYI, I recently called right stuff to see what brake pads I would need and try to figure out why my e brake would not work. My car came with the conversion done and no paperwork.....

they were NO help with the e brake, but they told me two important things:
Front discs kits are from/for a 1969 Chevelle and rears are from/for a 79 caddy Eldorado.

Additionally the fronts push your wheel out 1/2" on each side, so clearance could be an issue when you get to that point.

Of coarse my kit may not be your kit so I'd suggest you call them.

I did figure out the e brake from the instructions I downloaded. well I thnk I did well see, hopefully this weekend. good luck hope this helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I bought mine about 6 years ago when I first started to work on the car. The ones that I have said they were 76-77 Trans Am/Firebird/Camaro front brake parts, and the same Eldorado parts as yours. I guess those are reliable and easy to come by for replacement parts later on. Apparently the pads and rotors are the Trans Am and Eldorado parts as well, allowing for over the counter replacements at any parts supplier. I was going to go with Wilwood or something similar, but had a couple buddies that had to wait forever for pads, etc. from them. Plus the price from Right Stuff was much more affordable. I'm not running a corner carving road race car, or drag car, so stopping power from conventional braking system is sufficient for me. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts