Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on radiator sizes for a 72 Nova with a 468 in it. I assume power is at around 450hp with 550-600tq. I have heard some guys using standard sized 20" core, close to what stock was for a small block I believe. Others suggesting to use up to 33". Suggestions? I wanna keep her nice and cool!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Looking for suggestions on radiator sizes for a 72 Nova with a 468 in it. I assume power is at around 450hp with 550-600tq. I have heard some guys using standard sized 20" core, close to what stock was for a small block I believe. Others suggesting to use up to 33". Suggestions? I wanna keep her nice and cool!
Go with Champion radiator and what they have for your car. You can't go wrong there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm running a Summit Racing triple pass 2 core aluminum radiator (31" wide) with Derale twin 12" fans on my 502 in AZ heat. I had a bad experience with Champion and Griffen. I think they were two small and didn't get enough airflow. I also upgraded to a Powermaster high output alternator (100 amps at idle) to run my fans.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Currently there is a 16 in no shroud electric that is on the car but I think I might switch over to a mechanical fan to better cool it for less.

Stock size which I think is around a 21in core or something bigger like a 26in core?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts