Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing to buy a new engine harness for my 72 . The wiring on it now is so messed up that I just want to replace it. I've been looking at different companies who sell them. I'm not sure which one I'm needing. The engine does have HEI. Can someone point me in the right direction on which harness I need and where to buy.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well I got mine from ground up just the engine harness as the lights one was still ok but I’m thinking of just getting an American autowire setup and redoing the whole car with a modern fuse system I think it’s around 500 bucks and apparently if you can do some mechanics etc you can do it yourself fairly easily cause I think just the engine harness was around 100 and some dollars so might be worth thinking about if your planning an upgrade at some point to put the money toward that not waste it like I did lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Call American Autowire

Call American Autowire directly and talk the them about your needs. They sell factory exact replacement harnesses separately. Just explain to them what you have and what part is hosed up, they can get you the section of the harness you need.... or the whole thing.. Depending on how much work you want to do and how much money you want to spend.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got mine from ground up just the engine harness as the lights one was still ok but I’m thinking of just getting an American autowire setup and redoing the whole car with a modern fuse system I think it’s around 500 bucks and apparently if you can do some mechanics etc you can do it yourself fairly easily cause I think just the engine harness was around 100 and some dollars so might be worth thinking about if your planning an upgrade at some point to put the money toward that not waste it like I did lol
That's a great point. This nova I need it for is my beater car I bought and the wiring is all screwed up for the engine. There is actually a lamp wiring cord under there , hahaha. I'm just needing the engine harness to get it running and not go up in smoke, lol. I have another perfect body that I will purchase the whole wiring assembly for, once I start building it.

Thanks for the help,

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call American Autowire directly and talk the them about your needs. They sell factory exact replacement harnesses separately. Just explain to them what you have and what part is hosed up, they can get you the section of the harness you need.... or the whole thing.. Depending on how much work you want to do and how much money you want to spend.
Awesome, I did not know that. That is what I'll do.

Thanks, Merry Christmas

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wanna recommended to all for 1972 CHEVROLET NOVA American Auto wire Classic Update Series Wiring Harness Kits 500878 as have below features.

Longer length wire allows for stock or custom routing
ATO-style fuse panel and more circuits
Full color schematics and instructions

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanna recommended to all for 1972 CHEVROLET NOVA American Auto wire Classic Update Series Wiring Harness Kits 500878 as have below features.

Longer length wire allows for stock or custom routing
ATO-style fuse panel and more circuits
Full color schematics and instructions

I'm using them for all my wiring.

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts