Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Nova
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any differences in the 1972 windshields?
As in, if I had a 1972 sedan and it had a busted windshield, would any 72 windshield work, like the coupe windshield?
And can anyone send a link to one that's is cheap and shippable to ZIP 36203 (Like a Ebay post)
Thanks a ton! :)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'm going to give you a sideways answer. I don't know if all the windshields were the same, although I suspect they were. However, if you call around to the companies in your area that do windshield replacements, you should find at least one that can get the glass for your car, and they will bring it to you and install it for a reasonable price. I found such a company for my '74 (sorry, don't remember the name), and they even supplied the windshield that had the built-in radio antenna for me, proper tint and everything. I think I paid roughly $200, maybe $250, and that included the installation at my door.

·
Registered
1974 Nova
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe

I'll check Safelite tomorrow, I have a possible trade for my project 1974 coupe that has a 250 I6 for a mostly complete 1972 sedan with a rebuilt 250 I6, Thanks! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there any differences in the 1972 windshields?
As in, if I had a 1972 sedan and it had a busted windshield, would any 72 windshield work, like the coupe windshield?
And can anyone send a link to one that's is cheap and shippable to ZIP 36203 (Like a Ebay post)
Thanks a ton! :)
You know, that's a very good question. When I first bought my nova sedan last year one of the first things to be needing replaced was the windshield since it was completely bashed in leaving nothing to keep the interior water tight. Oddly enough when I got a replacement ordered and installed by a local glass shop the window didn't fit and sit correctly in the nova. He assured me it was the right part # and even said it in his book that it was the correct part and right dimensions. We proceeded to send it back to the manufacture and ordered in a two door version instead. Come a week or so later and here it's fits just fine:confused:. I'm planning on going to go back and talk to him sometime and have a look again at the book and the dimensions and part #'s of the windows.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,372 Posts
Absolutely they are different. I found out the hard way buying a windshield on Craig's List for my '72 coupe just 3 weeks ago. It turns out it was about an inch too tall. I did some research in my manual for the '72 and there is in fact two different GM part numbers. It appears they went to different windshields in '72. It looks like '68 - '71 used the same one. It gets even screwier with the hatchback models. I have an original sedan windshield in my garage I have no use for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts