Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

About 6 months ago I picked up this 72 nova for a fun little budget hot rod project. It didn't start off so well as I over paid a bit for the car and had all sorts of issues along the way so far, but we may be rounding the corner! I decided to make a little progress thread to keep track of how far the car is coming along. I don't have many good pictures at the moment but I'll get better about taking them. Anyways, the car was a backyard repaired deal, new quarters, floors, trunk lid etc... all of them about a 6.5/10, not the greatest but it's solid. I had an aluminum headed 355 and a 4spd. We're six months in now and it has an all aluminum 5.3LS, overbuilt th400 w/brake, Holley EFI blow through, 78mm turbo and the likes. It's going to be a fun strip/street car. Calvert split monos, cal tracs, and subframe connectors are on the way. It had stock worn out front springs and now has CPP coilovers with viking double adjustables up front. Wilwood dynalite front brakes are on the way to replace the chevelle disc swap. I'll keep the bench seat for now as long as I can maneuver the 6pt around it. I plan on at least a fiberglass hood, and fiberglass bumpers wrapped in chrome to drop some weight. So far even with all the hurdles that have come up I'm excited about the direction its heading. Hopefully she'll be on the road again by the end of August. Stay tuned for more updates!

·
Registered
402 Posts
That looks like an awesome frigin ride!
When I think of budget hot rod I think of a junk yard 454 and a posi out of gawd knows what.
What you have right there is nothing short of a bad a**-mobile. Ill be watching this thread for sure!

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Looks like you have plenty of room to work on it. I know looks can be deceiving but your car looks pretty darn good already!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! Here's a couple more pics of some progress. Motor is in the car, with part of the turbo kit on for mockup. My jegs knock offs are on the car with mickey thompson sportsman radials up front on 17x4.5's and 275/50/15 ET street R's on the back. Swapped out the crappy china black headlights (though they did look cool) for some fresh hellas. Unlimited products fiberglass front valence mostly mounted on the front. Waiting on my ebay control arms to get here so I can mount up the new wilwood front discs and set the front ride height, then I'll take some more pictures of the whole car. (Yes I'm putting a new master cylinder on with wilwood adjustable proportioning valve. New front brake lines will be made up to clear the drivers side manifold as well. My calvert 1.5" drop split monos with caltracs are on the way as well as my subframe connectors and shock relocation kit. I need to figure out my rear strategy as far as rear discs vs c clip eliminators still, and I need to get the 30 spline axles and true trac ordered up. I'll keep updating as things roll along. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts