Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
14,588 Posts
I just finished installing an American Autowire Classic Update kit in my 69. I bought if off of e-bay for $458 shipped. It is being sold by a dealer for them. It still has the free tech assistance and warranties. The kit has all the factory plugins for the light switch, wipers, heater controls etc. It actually comes with more stuff than you need. I had no problem with their instruction and the 2 questions I had they answered quickly and correctly when I called them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am in the middle of a rewire with a EZ Wire 21 circuit kit. Good quality wire, all heavy enough gauge. If your doing a stock rewire pick up one that is a factory fit, with all the plugs ect..

Im doing a EFI swap and other addons so i went the universal route.

·
Registered
203 Posts
After seeing the small rash of nova fires here from other nova members, I'm rewiring the interior and exterior!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I have a harness from American Auto wire in my 71 right now. I have the forward lamp, engine, and dash harnesses. Very nice harnesses, and now everything works, even the key buzzer. Plus you can get things modified for your car. You can have a power wire for HEI installed, and the wiring for an internally regulated alternator. I've also used M&H Electric harnesses. Nice peices as well. Since you can completely rewire the car for under $1000.00, I'll never use 40 year old wiring again.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Here is some progress of my re-wire. I am waiting on some weatherpak connectors for the trunk wiring. I will post more photos as i make progress.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If your wirings is in good shape no worries. I dont know about others but mine was hacked and spliced so many times, plus with additions like EFI, Wideband O2, data loggers, ect... I just wanted a solid platform for it all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mines so hacked and slashed and... well... most of it isnt even there... I'm going to have to replace... (not to thread-jack) for a simple no frills 350/TH350 install what is the most cost effective/bang for buck kit out there?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts