Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys this site helped me immensely with my 1971 Pontiac Ventura restoration . The car got the sprint stripes several years ago. I have not provided an update in a very long time so wanted to post today. I spent many hours waxing her this morning and wanted to provide a recent picture from today all shining in her glory and a youtube video showing some of the restoration. Thanks Steves Nova and the members for helping me tackle many jobs myself. I love my car - Thank You !!!! Please watch this video and know this is what happens when you believe in a car!

·
13,715 Posts
Great car. Don't see many of these around anymore. Do you have Canadian docs for it?

Bob

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
Wow!... Looks great!
Nice job on the restoration (y)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really nice. I know and you should be proud of it. Like the car, Amada sounds like a keeper.
Thanks railroaderman she took the latest picture of the car I shared and you were the first response and I shared your response with her put a smile on her face thank you Sir! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Great car. Don't see many of these around anymore. Do you have Canadian docs for it?

Bob
Hi Bob I only have the used car package I got with all the history and I spoke to the second owner on the phone about two years ago. It was a special order Sprint model because they ordered the 307 in 1971 but it did not have the complete Sprint package they order the 307 upgrade any Ventura that came with the 8 cylinder upgrade was considered a Sprint model but then the customer wanted the Bench seat not the single seats and the Automatic transmission with the TH350 transmission. I have restored it completely stock. The blue is the correct blue matching the VIN number and the CSB 307 is the original matching numbers engine. I am not a car expert but had good people help me with this. :) If you know how to find out anymore info on the car message me thanks Bob.

·
13,715 Posts
Hi Bob I only have the used car package I got with all the history and I spoke to the second owner on the phone about two years ago. It was a special order Sprint model because they ordered the 307 in 1971 but it did not have the complete Sprint package they order the 307 upgrade any Ventura that came with the 8 cylinder upgrade was considered a Sprint model but then the customer wanted the Bench seat not the single seats and the Automatic transmission with the TH350 transmission. I have restored it completely stock. The blue is the correct blue matching the VIN number and the CSB 307 is the original matching numbers engine. I am not a car expert but had good people help me with this. :)
Here's the link to GM Canada Vintage Services. They should be able to supply GM Canada build documentation. Well worth it.

Bob

·
Registered
545 Posts
Reminds me of the car my neighbor friend's older brother bought when we were kids. It had a 307 and 3 speed saginaw. He pulled the engine and trans and put a 400 small block and Muncie 4 speed in it. Your's is beautiful. Love the paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts