Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm about to install my '71 Nova onto a rotisserie that I got from a friend. I was wondering how I should attach it in the rear... is the best way to bolt it to the rear bumper bracket holes? :confused:

·
Registered
982 Posts
thats the only way i have seen it done, other than people bolting it through the rear spring eyes in the frame rail.

the bracket holes are in a cross brace attached to the frame rails so thats a pretty solid place to hook it up

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I attached the car onto the rotissierie where bumper bracket holes are and it's on it's way to be media blasted in the next weeks.

One thing I'm not certain of... do you think it would be okay to remove the drivers side quarter panel skin and both the wheel wells (inner & outer drivers side) and replace it all when the car is bolted like this on the rotisserie, my feeling is that it could go all out of shape if you know what I mean...?

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
I wouldn't do it all body panels should be replaced with the car sitting on it's suspension ,it's best to have it sitting on all 4 tires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts