Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing the floors on a 71. I have to replace both sides. The car is a bench seat car. I will probably end up using aftermarket seats of some kind. Should I get the factory style seat brackets or just fab up some? I'm sure someone has gone this route.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,319 Posts
If you can get a set of factory buckets that would be the correct route. But all aftermarket bucket seat vendors brackets are only suitable if you are going from bench to bucket. I understand that's what you are doing but the factory style bracket will not be compatible with aftermarket buckets. The problem with the aftermarket bracket that is compatible will put your head into the headliner if you are tall. Everybody has to do some cutting and welding just to drop it a little. If you got the skill to build your own brackets that would probably be best in the long run. I'm considering the same right now.

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
Don't bother. Make your own brackets when you are ready to do your seats. That way you can customize the solution to your needs. Then you can use a more generic seat track as well.

Reactions: J Mark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, and pretty much what I thought. I'm 6'3", so seat height will definitely be critical

1 - 4 of 4 Posts