Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people, I found my back up light switch on the steering column. The pink and light green wire had been cut. According to the scematic I have for the wiring, each wire must be attached to the two prongs provided. I did so and put the car in reverse and walla! I had reverse lights! BUT!!! NOW!! the lights are on all the time! What the heck man. Help me please. Thanks!

·
6,560 Posts
Disconnect either wire on the column switch and see if they go out. If so I would tend to think the switch shorted out and is not opening up when the car is in any other gear. Is your switch in combination with a neutral safety switch or are these the only two wires going to the switch ?. I've never had one of those apart but I have had them off of the column and essentially it is a slide switch and possibly the plastic tang broke off and it's keeping the lights on ?. They are going off with the key correct ?.
Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where did you find you get your wiring schematics from. I need one for my 72, I'm trying to rewire my dash with a new harness but need a little help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i am also having back light problems along with my buddy, ive got a 71 and he has a 72. which wires are they? if anyone has a picture or diagram or whatever please post it or maybe detailed directions. i havent had the best luck with electrical in my car. haha.

oh and i have an auto shifter that is now on the floor (was on column) so i need to run the wires to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts