Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
There's just too much about this car that doesn't add up. If I were guessing, I'd say that it was either 'assembled' from more than one car - or - that it started life as an SS, but may have been involved in a front-end collision and rebuilt.

I know that most of the original paperwork for these cars disappeared years ago, but when you're dealing with big-block and/or SS cars, a little documentation goes a long way!

·
13,809 Posts
Yes, it's an eBay frequent flyer. A 'very correct' 1970 SS would have chrome edged fender louvers, bottom of the hood painted black and no stickers on the door ends. The tach is not the L78 unit. The engine is described as rebuilt, but nowhere does it say it's original. Without a build sheet or original window sticker, there is no way to tell how much of this car is factory.

Bob

·
Registered
None, searching for the right one
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I asked the seller about the louvers and the tach. He replied the previous owner didn't like them and had them removed. Didn't say anything about the tach, but it looks like SBC redline. I think both SBC and BBC came with the 3.31 axle, so maybe it started life as a 350 SS? Anyway, I'm in the hunt for a nice 3rd gen, the search continues......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts