Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
He doesn't understand the difference between rare and unwanted, the BB auto cars weren't popular then and still aren't!:no: Like the poster above said, his statements are so contradicting, date correct doesn't make it numbers matching!:no:

Good luck at the auction!:rolleyes:

My L78 car with the CE coded engine must $200K:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
MAYBE IT'S GOLD BECAUSE HE LIVES IN GOLDEN COLORADO! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
MAYBE IT'S GOLD BECAUSE HE LIVES IN GOLDEN COLORADO! :rolleyes:
Golden Colorado + Lots of Coors = My car is worth a $100K :D

Damn if I could dump 10 grand in my car to make it worth a 100, wouldnt I be at the bank in the morning when it opens???!!!! Nah, I'll just put it up on ebay and let someone else make all the money...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Golden Colorado + Lots of Coors = My car is worth a $100K :D

Damn if I could dump 10 grand in my car to make it worth a 100, wouldnt I be at the bank in the morning when it opens???!!!! Nah, I'll just put it up on ebay and let someone else make all the money...:rolleyes:
:eek::eek::eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I dont get into others ads for cars as that is their business.As to the comment from Taz about the automatic cars being unwanted,I dont believe that as I do like the auto cars.Wonder why the 50 Gibbs cars with automatics were built in 68, guess no one wanted them?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I dont get into others ads for cars as that is their business.As to the comment from Taz about the automatic cars being unwanted,I dont believe that as I do like the auto cars.Wonder why the 50 Gibbs cars with automatics were built in 68, guess no one wanted them?
Oh, I would not include those 50 :no: , we've had a few here and up this way for sale and they don't sell or seem to bring the same money as the 4 spd cars.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Taz,do you mean those 50 cars didn't have automatics or wont sell?I never spoke of price or value,just wanted.I have never had a problem selling a automatic car.Price-value-who knows I would think that would depend on who is buying.I would agree that a true numbers matching car-the 4 speed will be more desirable,which will mean more money but,once the original engine goes the cherry is popped so to say.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Wonder if thats Maddog hanging out under the hood. looked through the pics, wonder how well it stops with no master cylinder cover? Hope he gets his price. If so my caar is ssold as I will take 3/4 that maybe less for mine and have the factory correct numbers matching engine as a spare and protecto plate .

·
13,729 Posts
Gibb ordered his L78 Novas with TH400 transmissions because he believed they would be faster than comparable cars with 4 speeds, and he was right. My 1970 L78 Nova SS had a TH400 and 4:10 rear gears. I would never have traded it for a 4 speed.

Bob

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
well i just wish mine was a big block dont care if its a stick or auto , just give me that big fat one under the hood...hes going to need a lot more cash tho to get that thing into that price range....:slap:

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Gibb ordered his L78 Novas with TH400 transmissions because he believed they would be faster than comparable cars with 4 speeds, and he was right. My 1970 L78 Nova SS had a TH400 and 4:10 rear gears. I would never have traded it for a 4 speed.

Bob
Many would be with you on that.They were also ordered in the 50 to make them NHRA Legal I believe.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Sad..He sounds really excited about his car. Hope he gets what he wants so he is not broken up when reality sets in...

I'll join in and give my thumbs up to Automatic cars. Lot's of old times (who may have more disposable income) been there done that shifting gears and enjoy putting it in drive and just cruising ....
Do have a dream of seeing 427 or 502 on the front fender of my Nova one day...

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Andy,No Nerve Plucked here.Just voicing a opinion,is that not why we are here?I still dont believe the automatic is unwanted,as I like them.
No. No opinions allowed here!! LOL I'm just givin' ya hell. Don't look at me, mines an auto!!! ( I secretly dream of a 5 speed tho... :D)

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
No problem Andy,I never look at anyone.Me-mid 70's-had a nova with a 427 and 4 speed,it was fun as a kid,but switched to automatic and never looked back. Gibb knew what he was doing when he ordered those 50 cars.

·
Registered
149 Posts
think he had the mileage wring either he didnt care about it or the car hass 101,234 miles not 1,234

1 - 19 of 19 Posts