Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what numbers would be stamped on the underside of an original 1970 SS Nova automatic console? Is it true that the main console housing would be the same for manual and automatic transmissions?
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I just picked up a auto console for my manual car,so they are the same but the shift plates are different.I had a look for #'s cannot see any on the 69-72 or my 73-74 either.

·
Registered
67 Posts
console

from what I have found 68 to 70 used the same console with different plates for standard or automatic trans the easiest way to tell an original 68-70 console is turn it over the console is made of a white (ish) plastic reops and 71 - 74 are all black and 71- 74 have a kick out on the drives side.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew later consoles had a bulge on the left side, but I wasn't sure what year it started. If you search 'NOVA CONSOLE' on eBay, you may find one that has the bulge so you can see what we are talking about.

·
6,554 Posts
I don't have access to the consoles I have, but below are some shots of what is correct for my 74.
The paper tag was the only identifying mark on mine (but then I didn't look real close for any molded in prt numbers). This tag, if that is the only identifier for the consoles, could be missing and have easily fallen off after time.

http://community.webshots.com/album/551727258uPbrHW

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts