Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what's correct for stock 350 SS Fuel line. Is it one piece 3/8" like the 69 Camaro's had on solid lifter cars or is it smaller diameter and multiple pieces in 1970?

Also, did the brake lines on front disk brake cars have a regulator valve on the driver sub frame like the Camaro had on solid lifter cars from 69? Excuse my ignorance but I'm a Camaro guy and just trying to get my head wrapped around the Nova now that I bought one.

I'm looking to redo all the hard fuel and brake lines back to stock after they were modified in an old street car with line loc conversions made over the years. I'll have the engine and brakes apart this winter and want to put them right back to stock while it's apart.

Also looking for a factory Booster if anyone has a correct one for a 10B late Oct of 70 car?

Thanks for any advice or pointers on who sells factory correct replacement lines and not the Stainless lines.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
An assembly manual will be your best bet for info, because 68, 69, 70 are very different with small parts and pieces like these. The fuel lines are all 3/8 for V8's but I believe there is a return line in 70. That's all I can really offer, but we should have other members that may chime in with more info.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I agree with Taz about need for an assembly manual. Mine is dog-eared, greasy and written on........you will use it all the time.
My '72 had a two piece, 3/8's steel fuel line. The factory line was split about half way in the middle and was connected by about 6" of rubber fuel line. The CNC bent replacement line I purchased was exactly the same way and fit perfectly.
I replaced all of the hard brake lines at the same time and they were also CNC pre-bent and fit perfectly. I used steel and not S-S. They were from Classic Tube as I recall.
I'm typically a "make it myself" guy but after using these I'd really recommend buying.......not that costly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Taz,

On a couple of the Camaro forums, members had access to download PDF files including fisher assembly manuals for PC use. Anyone here know of a PDF version for 68-72 Nova's?

Not being cheap, I just like reading them on PC versus and old book that's been reprinted.

Thanks for the suggestion on the hard lines Alf. I looked through Classic Tubes website last night but all I saw listed were 5/16" lines for fuel. Still need to confirm if the 70 SS had a single 3/8" line for the fuel supply from front to rear or if this they ran return lines in 70.

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
492 Posts
My 70 SS 350 has two lines from gas tank; one supply, one vent. The supply line is 3/8" and the vent is 1/4". The fuel filter has the vent line plumbing.

I don't recall any brake components on the frame rails, just under the master cylinder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 70 SS 350 has two lines from gas tank; one supply, one vent. The supply line is 3/8" and the vent is 1/4". The fuel filter has the vent line plumbing.

I don't recall any brake components on the frame rails, just under the master cylinder.
Thank you for confirming that.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Yes the 1970 300/350 and the 350/396 both had a 3/8" fuel line and a 1/4 vapor line that plugged into the fuel filter. I have never seen a brake valve on the subframe for the rear brake line on a 70 Nova like some of the the Camaros have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for confirming that. Ordering new lines today from Inline Tube. I learned yesterday that all the regulators were installed under the booster in 1970 for cars with disk/drums.

Appreciate the help guys.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my 10/69 built 70ss has the brass brake valve on the drivers side subframe
my 02/70 built 70ss has the valve mounted near the master cylinder
at some point they moved it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts