Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my '70 SS had a damaged subframe & I picked up a '74 Omega subframe to use. After going over anything that could be different (I thought) I am in the final stages of reassembly and apparently the clutch z-bar plate that bolts to the side of the subframe is different. This is the stock Nova piece 1968-1974 Nova Clutch Z-Bar Frame Bracket
The only three factory mounting holes in the Olds subframe do not come close to lining up with the three holes in this piece. So I am just wondering if anyone else on here has used the Olds subframe with a stick or could shed some light on whether they might have used a different z-bar plate than the Novas?

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is what it was going to come to.........after I at least pulled the header & steering box, if not the engine too. Then, last night, while watching one of my grandsons shoot baskets in the driveway, I thought "why not mock it up just to see where everything should go"? And then, "wow, that Z-Bar is so long that it reaches clear over to the OUTSIDE of the frame. I have gotten used to builds that put them on the inside. But this car is all together, sheetmetal wise, so I had not considered the outside option. And sure enough, there were the bolt holes for the bracket. Hiding behind the inner fender well. So I will be pulling that today & bolting it all back together without any drilling. Sometimes you just f'up. Thanks anyway guys, and in the immortal words of Gildna as Roseanne Roseannadanna, "Never Mind"!

Reactions: seventynovaSS
1 - 4 of 4 Posts