Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what wheels were available and what the sizes were? Thinking about putting on SS wheels. I have assumed that they came in 14x7 only but don't really know. thanks

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Original = 14 by 7. repop= any size you want that will fit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How large of tires could a guy go with 14x7 and 15x7 rims on the front and back? Currently the car has 15x7 rims and the front tires rub the frame and inner fender when you turn the steering wheel. Unfortunately I can't remember the specs on the front tires, but I think they are 225 - 60s.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Im not a tire expert at all, taking backspacing into consideration on the following---- but I think those 225's on the 15x7 will rub on the front, either d/s or p/s, probally wont rub tho if you go to a not as wide tire on that 15x7(maybe)....or a 225 on a 14" on the front. I guess thats why the nova came originally with 14". As for the backs, 15x7 can take a variety of sizes, but I think 245 is cutting it pretty close, you might have 3/8" clearance give or take from an unrolled lip area, theres a article in the nova resource pages about tire fitment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts