Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! First post here but here’s a bit of backstory on myself. I am a 21 year old with a dream of restarting my dream car with my father. Luckily I have found a project car and that just so happens to be a 70 Nova. This has been my dream car for probably about 5 years and one day in May I stumbled upon this project! The very next day my father and I were on our way to go and pick it up. He is a mechanic by trade so I kind of hit the jackpot there as he has quite a lot of experience when it comes to things like this.
Trying to keep my story short I will be posting updates on the car, the goal is to have the whole project done by next summer but I am a pretty impatient person so I’m hoping we get it on the road early October.
I appreciate feedback so feel free to comment below!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what the car looked like originally when I bought it. I wasn’t quite sure what I was getting myself into considering I have never done anything like this before and with how much money I spent on basically a shell of a car.
The car was full of caprice parts mixed in with some nova parts which confused us both but we ended up figuring out what the deal was with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous owner decided it would be a good idea to chop up the firewall and extend the dash about 4 inches so he could make it a caprice/nova build. Very interesting as I have not ever heard of anything like that being done...
This created a huge headache cutting and welding a new dash and firewall in place.
It was something like you would have seen out of Frankenstein’s lab.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Every great project starts with a single step. Keep us posted as your work progresses and its weird about the fire wall work? Caprice/Nova?????:no:

·
Registered
137 Posts
family time

Enjoy this time with your dad. I did and now I'm doing a 71 with my son and 2 grand kids. gotta start them young.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello Olson welcome to Nova world! Cool you have a dad to help you along. Any progress since august? Dont get discouraged if the project seems to be moving slowly just keep plugging away at it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts