Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Nova 2 Door, 350 w/Powerglide
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to install a remote mirror on my 70, however, I do not see a listing for one in the various catalogs, they all say for 1968 Nova/Chevy II. I'm fairly certain you could get a remote mirror from 69-71. I have a part number for the 1972 remote mirror, 9885008 however. Is this the same mirror used on the 70? I believe that part number is also for the 70-72 Chevelle. Does anyone have any information or have used the one for the 68 in their 69-72 Nova?

Thanks

·
Registered
Brandon, MS
714 Posts
I had a 70 all-original Nova with the remote mirror and it looked identical to the 68 one you are referring to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a 70 all-original Nova with the remote mirror and it looked identical to the 68 one you are referring to.
That’s what I don’t understand. I don’t see a difference either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a 78 olds cutlas. it had a remote right hand mirror. great when new but a mess after rust. if it's a reasto rod just drop a teardrop electric on it. of you want manual get one for an olds or caddy similar body shapes and sizes

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Remote, "Bullet" mirrors for a third generation Nova have a different slant on the bottom than a 1970 Chevelle due the doors on each having different shapes. They are not interchangeable.
It is not unusual for for advertised parts to have incorrect application information. This is due to the fact that the advertisers usually get their application data from published data that may not be complete.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you ever find a remote mirror for your 1970 nova? I have a 1970 Nova L78 with the remote mirror. I can send you pictures if you would like.

Paul

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you ever find a remote mirror for your 1970 nova? I have a 1970 Nova L78 with the remote mirror. I can send you pictures if you would like.

Paul
Nope, I never located one. If you could send me pictures, that would be great!

·
15,204 Posts
In 1970, the remote control exterior mirror could be ordered as a stand alone option RPO D33. It was also part of the ZQ2 convenience option that included an electric clock and rear window defogger.

Bob

Reactions: ejscarfo

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello,
I was looking in my 1970 Chevy II Nova factory assembly instruction manual and I found the merrow I have on my Nova.
It is the D33 option found on page 266. It shows both the merrow and the remote control lever.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Are you guys talking the Driver's side 70-74 "Sport" style mirror? I thought that THESE were the only remote adjustable ones, no? School me.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts