Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the site has been very helpful so far. This 70 nova is my gf's fathers that I'm helping him redo. The car had a rebuilt engine and trans put in then was never driven po lost interest. I had a broken leg when project started so didn't get a lot of tear down pics.
Here is a pic of it in the garage when we bought it.

We pulled off frt clip engine tranny and cradle right away.

We then took out rear end and built a stand to roll car around on so we could blast the under side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The next thing I started on was the floor boards.

I then started on frt cradle. Had it sand blasted then painted it gloss black

I also blasted the upper and lower control arms and powder coated everything at home with a Eastwood kit. I also replaced all bushings. We also got a disk brake conversion kit and powder coated all the parts.

Waiting for a pitman arm to finish steering and shocks also rubber bump stops for control arms.

No pics but have the rear end blasted and painted and new leaf springs and all new mounting hardware. Just waiting to finish up under side of car so we can reinstall suspension. Once that is done body work starts. Not much rust but real bad previous qtr panel install. So we will be doing full qtrs and tail light panel and outer wheel wells. Gf's father already bought new frt and rear bumpers,frt grill, rear ss panel and new cowl hood at the Gm nats at carlise.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site!

That car gonna look real good when it's all done!!:yes:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Welcome to the Site :waving:

Great start with the Wheels off :D

Cant wait to see them on....:yes:

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Another Welcome

Nice job. I replaced the all the springs on mine as well as the bushings. As you are putting things together make sure the make sure you have room built in for whatever wheels & tires you want to put on. I changed the shock mounts which caused a problem routing the exhaust pipes, and the rear tires are just a bit wide on the inside so I will be doing some rework this winter that you can avoid.
Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. I got a little more done on under side of car hope to paint underside soon so I can get it rolling. I do need to find some 15s since 14s don't fit with lowering spindles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts