Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have been working on this project off and on for about a year and a half now and am very happy to get the car fired up. now it is all down hill as i can drive the car while i am finishing it up. the interior is the biggest thing left to do to the car. the car has a LT1 that is beefed up a little bit with a t400, also kinda stout and a spooled 12 bolt. the motor and trans are out of a 94 Z-28 i had and i got lucky as the rear was already in the car. i am having a little alternator problem that is keeping me away from driving it right now but i hope to have it fixed soon. anyway here is a little startup vid of the car i shot the other day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwKUQ8wSz8o

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
very nice!! sounds great!!!:yes::yes:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Man, sounds wicked! One question though< What wheel / tire combo is that on the back? Saw the tags on the tire and thought it looked like kind of a narrow wheel but looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a lot.
the rear tires are m/t drag radials 275/60/15 on 15x8 wheels with 5.5" backspace. they look to be about as wide as i can fit under it without cutting it up. fronts are 205's on a 15x7 wheel.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice ride :yes: we need another vid of you driving the car with maybe some smoke in the video:devil:
i will work on a better video soon. until then here is my 15 minutes (15 sec.)of fame on pass time. this is the car i pulled all of the drivetrain from and put in the nova. no tire smoke but it definently was not hooking up that nite for the cameras. http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=white+lt1+almost&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#q=white+lt1+almost+looses+it&hl=en&emb=0

·
Registered
347 Posts
Very nice run! Great control, but I'd probly have shut it down. Breaking tires loose again at 6k isn't a fun time for most ppl.

Ohh and thanks for the tire info. That's an awesome look, now to figure out how to get my multi-leaf to sit like that w/o having to spend so much money.

My starter wheels are 15x7 with 4.5" BS and 255 / 60's. Just not the look I'm going for but will do for now, Lots of ppl tell me it looks great tho. I guess it doesn't look too bad in this photo, now that I see the picture bigger, just not meaty enough for me.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice run! Great control, but I'd probly have shut it down. Breaking tires loose again at 6k isn't a fun time for most ppl.

Ohh and thanks for the tire info. That's an awesome look, now to figure out how to get my multi-leaf to sit like that w/o having to spend so much money.

My starter wheels are 15x7 with 4.5" BS and 255 / 60's. Just not the look I'm going for but will do for now, Lots of ppl tell me it looks great tho. I guess it doesn't look too bad in this photo, now that I see the picture bigger, just not meaty enough for me.
the previous owner has installed lowering blocks on the rear springs, at least it looks like to me thats what it is. those 255's look good, problem is if you go to a 275 on a 7" rim it problly will not be very much wider than the 255. you would need to go to a 8" wheel to get the most surface contact with the 275 tire.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
btw, love the dash. Where in the world did you get that thing what was the cost of it? Hard to hook up?
got the dash from summit racing. it was about $380 and comes with all of the senders to convert it all to electric. it was very easy to hook up for me since the LT1 already has all electric senders. but it is just a matter of pulling out your old senders and installing the new ones and conecting the wires. hardest part is mounting it in your dash. the height is the same as the factory gauge window so it fits perfectly that way but it is about 3" short on the length. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NRD-DP10002G/

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The video's are AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think the Nova will have better times in the 1/4 that the Z?
thanks, and yes i am definently looking for the nova to go faster. i had only made a few runs with the car set up the way it was in the vid. i was leaving kind of soft because the car still had the 7.5" 10 bolt which is normally the first thing to break on the f-bodys. the nova has a spooled 12 bolt now so i can leave on the tranbrake and see some deasent 60' times. plus i have not weighed it yet but i think the nova will be at least 200lbs lighter. best i had from the camaro was 10.1 @128 with a 1.7 60' and the belt came off right before the end of the pass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts