Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any 1970 Nova bucket seats come with headrests? I got my '70 Nova last year and it had these seats in it already. Can anyone tell me if they came with headrests that year? Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Both bench and buckets had adjustable headrests. Do you have buckets with the chrome push button in the very middle of the back of seat?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
jack said:
Did any 1970 Nova bucket seats come with headrests? I got my '70 Nova last year and it had these seats in it already. Can anyone tell me if they came with headrests that year? Thanks.
where is the seat back lock button located on your seat?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
walkerjay said:
I need to check. they have been in the basement for 10 years. If I recall, they are on the lower outer area at the REAR of the seat. is this good news or bad news?:confused:

hmmm that is interesting...possibly its not a Nova seat originally...

the '66 buckets didnt have a seat back lock
the '67-'68 buckets have the seat back lock on the side of the back about 2/3 or slightly higher up the side of the back
the '69-'71 have the seat back lock on the back of the seat back near the middle or slightly higher than that

not sure where on the high back buckets the seat back lock is:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments, guys. In answer to the question re where the release button is... it is on the side, not back of the seat. From comments here and other postings, I gather what I have are not from a 70 Nova. Would still like to figure out what they came out of & meanwhile will try to find some 70 seats to replace these.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
well I know this is not a good option but a couple of the repop places sell NEW bucket seat frames...if you really want the correct seat you could buy the frames from them and transfer all the parts from your old set (along with a new back panel and lock assembly as the ones you have are incorrect for a 1970 bucket) and have yourself NEW 1970 buckets...just a thought....normally if you build them from scratch your well on your way to about 800 bucks a piece or there abouts....but since you currently have buckets that you could rob parts from the cost should be much less than that.

(as the buckets themselves are very simular from about 1966-1971 other than the differences in headrests(some have, some dont) seat back locks(some have, some don't, some are on the side, and some are on the back), seat back panel (some are metal, some are plastic, and some have the hole in it for the seat back lock while some dont), cloth patterens, and tracks(different tracks for the different floor profiles over the years))
Just a thought:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Little off and a little late but my 70 Nova has "BENCH" front and back seats and its "FRONT" bench seats came with head rests. Don't know if that helps. I'm looking to put bucket in the front and toss the bench in the front though! However the bench is sorta growing on me. I just want to move to a floor shifter because right now I have column shiftier that is 3 on the tree and don't like it but apparently others do but I just like to have my hand rest on the shifter at my side so... Id like to just get a new steering column. If anybody wants to do that then, HEY.. Let me know and ill gladly trade out with you!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts