Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,
I working some bugs out of my recently finished 70 nova and one of the problems I have is the engine wouldn't make power past 3500 rpms. after some checking I found that the front throttle blades on the holley carb were not opening even 1/2 way. I put a new factory appearing throttle cable on the car and the one I thought was correct (repo) is 21 inches long from the end to end. im trying to figure out which one I need to make this right. I would like to keep the factory appearing cable. It has an original correct 1970 lt1 holley carb with a repo bracket that holds the cable at the rubber bushing. my pedal is only about an inch from the carpet with this cable. the cable is without a doubt too long at 21 inches. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the part number for that cable listed in the gm parts description is stated as second design and shows a measurement of 20 5/16 over all length. whats weird is the first design cable listed for 70-72 2 barrel and 70 4 barrel carb is 18 7/8 over all length. I have a 21 o.l cable on there now.. wondering if 11/16 is going to make the difference or should I get the first design. ugh!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,842 Posts
Looked on O'Reilly's web site & found this : CA - 8472

says it's 21.1" long

1 - 4 of 4 Posts