Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found the ad in a 1973 Car magazine-1970 Nickey Nova SS 454-450 Turbo 400 4:56 gears,hooker,American Mags,trick suspension,gauges,$3500 ,,,,,,Has name address and phone number. Car was in the 217 IL. area code.....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,A Nickey Nova of any year would be a very very rare find. This LS6 70 Nickey Nova could be out there but thru the years has lost it's identity.Nova members that live in or near the Hoopeston IL. area should start sniffing around.

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Back around 70/71, I worked with a guy for a bit that had a Nickey Nova. Don't think it was any thing special, SS, 350C.I., TH350. Nice car, but he NEVER cleaned it....inside or out. No idea what become of it or him.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did some internet searching and went to a site called Detroit Horsepower.Go to the Nickey section,click on the first page and look for the post on 1970 Nova SS 427,pretty long post...

·
Registered
24 Posts
"217" that interesting. My family and I were from Decatur, IL what is the rest of the number? I'd like to ask the old man if he knew of any kind of any hot Nickey Nova running around. He told me a story about a Nickey Camaro that ran around town when he was growing up. Apparently on Friday Night, the guy gassed it going around a corner and ended up in a telephone pole. The guy was ok but the car was totalled.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The number still works but not the person in the ad.217-283-52XX.I'm not gonna post the whole number on the internet though.Guy lived on Chestnut Street in Hoopeston ILL.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love reading those old ads,if we only knew.Back in 1975,4000.00 $$ was a lot to spend on a car that liked gas.I bought my 1969 COPO 427 4speed Camaro for $1600.00 in the summer of 1975! That was a alot of money for a kid that just graduated High School.Man those were the days!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
The nova is a 1970. My dad bought it when it was 1 year old, he lived in chicago. All the emblems and badging is off the car because it was raced. Been garaged since 1975, has been in my garage since the late 90's. Still had the original cragers on it till this past spring, I put different tires on it to move it to a storage garage because I'm building a new one. It has a 396 that is currently in pieces, it had spun a rod bearing and my dad had all the machine work done but never put it back together. The engine is all original, though the heads have been ported, possible by nickey? hooker headers. The block was decked so numbers are gone. The car is kinda odd, bench seat, automatic on column and rubber mat floor. The body is in decent shape, it looks to have been repainted on the drivers side, the right rear quarter is rusted at the very bottom, the floor pan on the driver side front has some rust and the dash has some. My dad said it was liked that before he stopped driving it. I know what it is and really dont feel like arguing with someone over it's originality, someday I'm going to put a motor back in it and drive it as is. I'll try to get some pictures soon, I have one old one from a few years ago but I'll have to scan it and I don't know how good the quality will be.
a old crappy picture is better then no pictures :pics::pics::pics:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woody,Very kooooool,Thanks! How many owners before your father? Was there ever a 454 or 427 in it? What gears are in the 12 bolt?Was it ever converted to a floor shift? Whats the build date on the cowel tag? Dan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey were there any names on the paint when it was dragraced? What track did it race at?Any Nickey badges with car? I will help you in anyway if you want.You can PM me if you want if you wanna not put certain info on the internet.My email is [email protected] Dan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does your dad remember who he bought it from? What town he bought it from? PM with info if you want I'm real good at finding people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts