Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car, the previous owner put new weatherstrips in but installed them backwards. I got a new set of SoffSeals and just installed driver door. While I can tell it’s sealing a ton better, there’s still a small gap at the very top of the door where the seal does not touch the cab.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,520 Posts
I wonder if the window frame is bent outward some ?.

Close the door and take some photo's of how the back upright of the door lines up with the front edge of the quarter glass area.

This is the area on my car but go on more of an angle and not dead on like I did.

2018-4-1 (4).JPG

On the top of the back vertical edge of the door window frame, this needs to be even with the front vertical edge of the back trim. If it gets worse the higher up from the main structure of the door, then the frame is probably bent out.

How is the other side. The left and right side of the car should be mirror images of each other.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jim.

This is what the edges look like.

I didn’t get to the passenger side tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,520 Posts
At most it looks like the top portion is pushed in which to me would make the gasket tighter.

This is on my 68 and you can see how it's crinkled up some from being squished with the door closed.

And how it was right after being installed:

Let me as this, do you think the door is original to the car ?.

How does the door sit as being up high enough and not hung too low in the opening ?.

The weatherstrips I used on my 68 above are from OER. Years ago I used Soffseal on my 73 and don't remember any issues.

Something else to look at but how is the gap between the top of the window frame and the roof lip with the door closed ?.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts