Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting in 3 point seat belt into 1970 Chevy Nova. The bolt hole for the anchor housing is in the floor (see pic 1). Wondering if the setup in 2nd pick will mount successfully. I'm wondering if the ones for sale expect anchor housing on side.

Thanks!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Cpete, there was a real good discussion here about a year ago using this style of belt. I used them too by welding a bracket on the B pillar since you can't use this style of belt w/ the original roof mounts.
The "Jeg's belts" are nice quality at a nice price but next time I'd use the Morris belt. Yes, it costs too much but it is engineered for gen 3's.
Here is the weld-on B pillar bracket

·
Registered
51 Posts
All GM cars from Feb 1966 up have the 3 point top mount in the roof line. Jan 1968 all cars had to
have 3 points installed at the factory per FMVSS federal mandate.
Billy. MCC

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,996 Posts
The "Jeg's belts" are nice quality at a nice price but next time I'd use the Morris belt.
I have the Morris Belts in my 68 and they are really good quality. My only complaint is they cut me on the neck. Probably not Morris's fault since they didn't design the mounting locations but still bothers me enough that I don't always use them when I should.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey Blyoth, take a look at Tarantula's "My 74 Nova "Reborn" 2 -- LS Rebirth" thread in our 3rd Gens Section.
I still don't know how to copy/paste a link so I'll just spell it out - Page 3 of the 3rd Gen Section and Page 9 of the actual thread.

At Post #170 he starts talking about the same problem you have. I followed his advice and am VERY happy with my results.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank You Blyoth for compliment on Morris Classic seat belts. One idea is to put the seat belt under the head rest, that is the way I wear my seat belt.
The 1970-73 novas had the 2 bolt mounting bracket in the roof.
The reel will set behind the seat.Year and car specific.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts