Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1970 SS is going to have its interior reupholstered. Car was ordered with/is equipped with the bench seat. Appears previous owner probably liked the low-back look and at some point reupholstered over the slots where the head rests fit. Head rests are gone/didn't come to me with the car. I have looked everywhere online and can only find bucket seat head rests listed for sale. I can find upholstery to recover the bench seat head rests, but not the head rests themselves for a '70 Nova. GM had a tendency to cross-use parts among some car lines to save money. Does anyone know if the head rests for a 1970 Chevelle, or an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme or any other car will fit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I believe head rests were not required until 1970. Have you looked to see if the seats have the bayonet guides in them? mine had ben removed, we had to find replacements and weld in.

here's what I did , as the PO owner had completely removed the headrests AND guides on my 73:

starts abut #180

I'd recommend you try desert car kings, that's where I got mine. they were green and now they are black.
I do remember my upholstery guy, Gil telling me that, as you mentioned the headrests are the same across platforms and years, I just ant remember which ones. If you get stuck Ill ask him for ya.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts