Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Love the car!! Do they sell those exact seat covers? I have the exact seat cover design. Not sure if there are others but mine is the same as yours.
Yes these a Strado seat covers and we're found on 69&70 that I know of.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
[/URL][/IMG]

I've been told this is a 69 nova subframe. My 70 was built in October of 69...so pretty close...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
can you post better pics of that subframe ? to show some better detail. right now it has a 70 bumper on it. maybe its a 70? but I cant tell yet because I cant see it properly because the pics are small and aren't showing the right details

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
can you post better pics of that subframe ? to show some better detail. right now it has a 70 bumper on it. maybe its a 70? but I cant tell yet because I cant see it properly because the pics are small and aren't showing the right details
Sorry it was hard to get pics in general of this thing...but here are the originals...
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
[/URL][/IMG]

These are all I have right now.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I agree with the previous poster, this sub frame could be a 70, if the bumper is original to it. Although we have documented late built 69 cars with 70 bumpers and other parts on them, so it very well could be a 69.

My 69 BB car has a 70 floor in it as well as 70 front bumper and grill, the floor is original to the car, I'm not 100% on the other parts though.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I can tell you exactly the year of it. just take a pic of the drivers side top front rail showing where the radiator support rubber mount attaches to. also a pic of the inside rail on the drivers side where the back drive linkage would bolt to. so far from the pics it is for sure 69 and up but still not enough pic detail to confirm to me if its 70 or 71 or 72 or 73 , etc

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I agree with the previous poster, this sub frame could be a 70, if the bumper is original to it. Although we have documented late built 69 cars with 70 bumpers and other parts on them, so it very well could be a 69.

My 69 BB car has a 70 floor in it as well as 70 front bumper and grill, the floor is original to the car, I'm not 100% on the other parts though.
What's the difference in the floor?

What subframe bushing kits is everyone using?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I can tell you exactly the year of it. just take a pic of the drivers side top front rail showing where the radiator support rubber mount attaches to. also a pic of the inside rail on the drivers side where the back drive linkage would bolt to. so far from the pics it is for sure 69 and up but still not enough pic detail to confirm to me if its 70 or 71 or 72 or 73 , etc

That's all I have for now unless he has a pic of the car before he pulled it out

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
[/URL][/IMG]

70 floor I'm thinking from your post.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Same subframe in car before taken out
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
that looks like a 70 and up, atleast from the nose... if you are able to walk up to the removed subframe then you should able to see those 2 areas I mentioned. that will veify it.... look for 2 round and 1 oval on the LH front rail and no large hole by the linkage mounting area

·
Registered
374 Posts
if you decide to restore it as close to original as possible, I have a 70 402 engine rebuilt and ready to install. Front of the block stamping is 10 16 CKO, and has no vin number stamped there as it is out of a 70 Camaro. The Camaro it came out of was an LA built car and there they stamped the vin down by the oil filter. Let me know if interested for more details.
Ray

41 - 60 of 72 Posts