Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finished mini tubbing my car. I have the new shock mount in between the frame rails. My question is how do I figure out what size shock that I need? Or any one already have this done and can tell me what they used? I have mono springs and they are moved inboard with kit from jegs. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
All I can think of is measure the mount to mount distance at ride height, go to a real parts store, not Advance Auto but NAPA or similair, and they should be able to look up a shock with the proper mounts and lenght to use. Stock shocks are 50/50 which is OK for a street ride. If you mount them straight up and down they will act stiffer than if you mount them at say a 15 degree angle. That's what I'd do if it was me. RM

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Have you looked at the mini tub pix from my car? Mine sits lower than stock and the Nova shocks were too long, so I bought Camaro units--also too long.
I made my own mounts and the shocks go thru holes in the trunk.
Go to my site and scroll down to "My Nova" to see how we did it.It was a pretty easy project; I welded mine on, but the way I built them they could also be just bolted on. http://bowtie0069.fotki.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts