Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 door 69 Nova we bought a few months back, my 2 young boys rolled the rear quarter windows down but we could not get them back up. I pulled out the interior and did some investigating and discovered the chrome piece that goes on the window (one that has the little plastic piece at the top so it slides up easily) was off the window, what can I use to glue or whatever it back on to the window so it will stay on when the window is rolled up and down? Also, what is that piece called (the one that has the plastic piece on it)? I need one for the drivers side, it was no where to be found? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
871 Posts
That piece is not reproduced. You will need to find an original. As for attaching it to the window I used window Urethane to attach mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time to check the salvage yards

Thanks Jason, guess I need to start checking the savage yards for one when I get back from Afghanistan in December/Jan. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
331 Posts
J&W sells the rear window chrome guides, it's 68-72 only.
Was there a couple weeks ago wanting to buy it for my 74, but they said it would not fit.
I had the package in my hands, so I know they have it, give them a call.
Page 12 in their catalog.
434-685-4310

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Just came off the glass?

If the chrome piece in question is basically in tact, or can be repaired to fit back on the glass, the fix is easy.

Glass shops in the day - and may still - used a rubber strip that wrapped in the channel. You can probably get the rubber from any auto glass shop for a couple of bucks. You wet it with turpentine (I think, it was 1980 the last time I did it) and jam the glass in - fast. The solvent causes the rubber to soften and expand locking the window into the channel. It's the same for attaching the window regulator channel to the bottom of the glass. It's not a big deal, but you may have to find a tech with some gray hair who knows how to repair something instead of a parts replacer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts