Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
69 Plates!.....and '67's

I just sold those plates....MINT NOS!.......going on a '69Z

I do have an Excellent Pair of Orig Paint, Unrestored '67 Ontario "YOM CLEAR"
...used but very, very NICE!....in case anyone is looking for a pair!
'67 plates are harder to come by than the '69's for some reason.

Actually I wouldn't mind keeping them ....anyone have a '67 2dr Hardtop for sale??!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have a brand new set of 66 plates for mine. But since they were never registered the number was re issued and is on a trailer in Timmins. So I just put them on at car shows. They look cool and get I get comments on them a lot.

Charley

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Dang I missed them!:( I have a couple 69 sets that are in reasonably good shape for my Novas, I'll need to send them in to be approved and bolt them up.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I have a few pairs of old plates,30's up. What quailfys them to be "re registered" to your car/truck?:confused:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
There is a government site to go to. I think to register them you had to send them in with your owner ship and almost 300$. Then they search it and if possible they register them to you. I had an officer search my plate number and he told me it had been re issued to a trailer.

Charley

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
There is a government site to go to. I think to register them you had to send them in with your owner ship and almost 300$. Then they search it and if possible they register them to you. I had an officer search my plate number and he told me it had been re issued to a trailer.

Charley

:yes: I guess I will put them on the fence or in the garage:yes:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That's what I decided. I put them on only at car shows. Then when not in use they are on the garage wall.
Not really worth the hassle or the cash to me.

Charley

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Yom plates

If you have Ontario Plates you wish to put on your car call this # below and they will tell you if the numbers are "YOM Clear" to use.......many plate numbers are currently in use.....they could be on most anything...car, snowmobile, trailer etc. It is getting extremely difficult to find Nice Original plates you can actually use!!!

1-800-288-6758

·
Registered
336 Posts
In Alberta you can run YOM plates if you have "collector car" registration & plates - which is a onetime outlay of $50 or so. Once you have that you can add the YOM plate to the registration as alternate plates, you must place both identical plates on the counter to prove that you own both. If you previously have CC plates you have to pay for a reprinting of your reg @ $9 -But if you have the YOM plates with you when you originally set up your CC reg it's free!

Then you get the joy of having people look at your 1964 plates and ask you what year your car is !!??:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts