Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been looking for a decent Nova for a little while now. I got an email from a guy with a 1969 Nova 2-door witha 6 cylinder in it. The car is said have have low miles, it is a Texas car, rust free,very clean interior (near mint), and the only thing the car lacks is a good paint job. The guy did not give me a price that he is asking for the car, before I waste my time or his time I would like to know the range of what I would be looking to pay for a car like this.

I am looking for a clean 6 cylinder 2 door Nova, I have found a few and most of them have been under 5k, but I dont know what I would end up paying for the car mentioned in the email.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Im in California and have been shopping around for solid running 68-72 for a while. I have seen many good cars between 2 and 3k. Most have a v8 put in them. all have needed some work but no sheetmetal replacement other than some floor pan work on a few. Im holding out for that really good once in a life time solid runner for 1000-1500.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Im hoping this guy doesnt ask some crazy price for this car, it sounds nice from what he says, but with a 6 theres no way I want to pay more than 3-4k for the car.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
value..

Rust free original cars with "mint" interiors are worth a lot more than most others. Anytime you don't have to repair rust or patch up body panels you are way ahead of the game. If you find one cheap...great, but don't be afraid to pay a little more for a solid vehicle. It will pay big dividends in the end.

wilma

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was thinking too, if I have to spend an extra 2-3 grand on a solid car it would be worth it in the long run. I'm just looking for a 68-72 6 cylinder with a clean body that can drive now, Im not worried about the interior really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts