Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, I am new to this forum and I apologize if this question belongs in another section.

I've been in search for a third gen. nova for the past year in southern California without any luck, prices are inflated and cars are in pretty bad shape. this has led me to start looking out of state.

came upon this ad for a '69 230 nova.
was wondering what everyone thought of it, I was planning on having an inspector take a look at it.

i'm okay with it being a 6 cylinder, plan is to put a 383 crate and slowly work on the car, ie rear posi, manual transmission, etc.

any help/input would be appreciated, I am def. still a noob and enjoy learning as much as I can from those with more knowledge and experience.

volocars.com/auto-sales/vehicles/15236/1969-chevrolet-nova[/url]

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yoire right. I just looked up a few here in SD and LA and they are kinda pricey. But if you’re not building back to 100% original start off with a good body. The first two links are for decent shaped cars that need interior work. I think for that price is the best you’re gunna get. The last looks like to be a good overall driver.

God luck!

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/san-luis-rey-1972-nova-350/6907151459.html

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/panorama-city-1969-chevrolet-nova/6910626321.html

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/santa-monica-1968-chevrolet-ii-nova/6910035053.html

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
524 Posts
My opinion...If you are planning to modify it, then that one isn't your car. That green 69 6-banger is one to preserve and enjoy, not one to modify.

You 'should' be able to find a 'fixer-upper' for around $6k-$10k (closer to $6k) that would satisfy your needs and you can build it to suit.

Again, my opinion...I would not pay $20k for a car I plan to completely modify and personalize because you will end up having $40k in a $25k car when you are finished. I would either pay $5k-$6k for a relatively solid 'beater' to build or spend $25k-$35k for a very nice collector car with documentation.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,849 Posts
hi all, I am new to this forum and I apologize if this question belongs in another section.

I've been in search for a third gen. nova for the past year in southern California without any luck, prices are inflated and cars are in pretty bad shape. this has led me to start looking out of state.

was wondering what everyone thought of it, I was planning on having an inspector take a look at it.

i'm okay with it being a 6 cylinder, plan is to put a 383 crate and slowly work on the car, ie rear posi, manual transmission, etc.

any help/input would be appreciated, I am def. still a noob and enjoy learning as much as I can from those with more knowledge and experience.

1st off -- in 69 ... the 230 /6 was the standard engine.
My 69 has the 250 6 ... motor : which was an up-grade
" RPO # L-22" .
FYI -- 250's are great motors -- you can check the motor vin # stamped on the Pad beside the Dist. Should be the motor # & the car vin# (last few #'s of the vin number) if it's an original engine. 50 years is along time ... I'd check . (write those numbers down) .

·
Registered
9,993 Posts

This one just came up on Facebook Marketplace in Fairfield, a 69 Nova with a big block.
"Good running car Body immaculate condition, No scratches or anything on it
"

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1009829309211791/

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
The best advice I give myself and don't really follow is get the best body possible. Body work is expensive and I can't or won't do it. You are fortunate to be in California.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts