Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1969 Nova Build! Lots of Pics! Update, Its Painted!

Hey guys, I was a 4th gen Nova guy (had 5 of them) and finally got my first 3rd Gen. Its been a dream of mine to own a 68-72 and it finally came true yesterday when I picked up this 1969 Nova. Im not going to do a full restore, but rather make it look and run good. I have a 396 and a couple automatics, as well as a M20 Muncie that I could choose from. Im gonna get the body all fixed up and then start on the drivetrain.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Looks like a clean slate to start with. I did see something within those images that I need to ask.

Is the cowl tag still there? I looked at the 5th image and didn't see it. Was this a former race car?

And you mentioned, you've got a 396, man, that will definitely motivate that 3rd Gen!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already making some progress on the car. Went to a swap meet today and picked up a trunk pan. It looks easier to replace than trying to patch the holes up.

Heres some pics of the progress. Not bad for $1100

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patched a hole I had on the roof. For anyone following me on this build, I will be moving along quick on this car so dont blink ! :D

Ready to sand down.

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Patched a hole I had on the roof. For anyone following me on this build, I will be moving along quick on this car so dont blink ! :D
Yes you are so lets get it on. Once I start bodywork I stay dedicated till I finish them,mine were always driveable. Worked on them every weekend until I finished them. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post your build. I know I'm enjoying it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
keep going on your '69------ I'm watching-----and---- learning---- :yes:
looks like a good car to start with and will keep ya' busy
I like it---- :cool:

jim

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trunk had some rust so I started cutting the pan out so I can replace it. Didnt get as far as I would have liked, had to remove a trunk fill of stuff and the gas tank before I could start cutting and then neighbors kept stopping by to see what I was doing. I will probably get the trunk done tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was curious what the previous owners had done to the firewall,looks like a piece has been grafted in for some reason,and it has a throttle cable from a newer model,and as an earlier poster asked about the cowl tag being missing good luck with your project and have fun with it !

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was curious what the previous owners had done to the firewall,looks like a piece has been grafted in for some reason,and it has a throttle cable from a newer model,and as an earlier poster asked about the cowl tag being missing good luck with your project and have fun with it !
Yes the previous owner replaced the cowl and dash top already with reproduction pieces.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts