Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 1969 bench seat. Some of the springs are broke on the back rest. Does anyone sell replacement parts? I'm planning on purchasing the formed foam padding from chevy 2 only. Has anybody used this padding ?

On a side note I came a cross a set of 1969 camaro bucket seats for sale. are they the same as nova seats?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Another question is if 4 door rear seat frames fit. That would be another great find. 4 doors are poping up all over the place now.

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
515 Posts
69 camaro seats are not the same as nova.

I dont know about your other questions.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,761 Posts
and, 4door seats - ARE 4dr seats - different = front seat does not fold forward & rear seats are
"rounded at the corners (for easy getting-into the rear seat) - - two door rear seats are more 'square
on the ends . . . . . too fit closer to the rear door - panels . . . . . just FYI .

later, jim

·
Registered
379 Posts
and, 4door seats - ARE 4dr seats - different = front seat does not fold forward & rear seats are
"rounded at the corners (for easy getting-into the rear seat) - - two door rear seats are more 'square
on the ends . . . . . too fit closer to the rear door - panels . . . . . just FYI .

later, jim
Best to buy the reproduction correct seat covers for your car and then take everything to an auto upholstery shop. They will replace broken springs and parts plus use the correct padding. The foam you buy may not be shaped right and may be too thick, you won't be happy doing it if you haven't done it before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best to buy the reproduction correct seat covers for your car and then take everything to an auto upholstery shop. They will replace broken springs and parts plus use the correct padding. The foam you buy may not be shaped right andBest to buy the reproduction correct seat covers for your car and then take everything to an auto upholstery shop. They will replace broken springs and parts plus use the correct padding. The foam you buy may not be shaped right and may be too thick, you won't be happy doing it if you haven't done it before.
Thanks for heads up. I'm primarily looking springs. I have broken springs on the back rest o no the front seat. I can't seem to find a supplier for replacement springs. Do you know of a supplier ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts