Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to cars gotta say but I just thought cause there is alot a people on this website that have built and fixed novas I can get a better understanding my dad has a 1969 Nova and he said if I fix it I can have it and I'm gotta be honest it looks like a badass cat and I took a picture of the engine and I was so confused cause I'm so used to the engines cars have now days so if anybody can help I would really appreciate it I'll have a picture down below
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Wood

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
963 Posts
Welcome and glad you joined. This is a great site for everything Nova related. What you have is a straight six (six cylinder engine with all the cylinders in a straight row). It is an air conditioner car ( that's the a/c compressor on the left front of your engined. The hose from the compressor goes to the drier and then a hose to the firewall that should connect to the evaporator under the dash.

Carburetor is on the left side of your engine. Master cylinder for the brakes is to the right of your carburetor. Pinestraw is not factory, added over time (just kidding).

The old six cylinders engines are fairly simple and tough. With care they run forever.

Simple explanation to what you have. Now do you know what works? Does it run? Is it an automatic or standard?Lights? Brakes? What mechanical skills/experience do you have? What do you want to do with the car? Do you have time, desire and place to work on it?

Answers to these questions will help in answering any question you have to reach your goal for the car. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts