Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Seems he doesn't want to be bothered with questions, just buy the car.
thats not quite what he writes
what the seller actual said seems quite reasonable for a $50,000 car...or anywhere close to that
"Before messaging and asking a lot of questions, make sure you have the funds to buy it and permission from your ???"

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats not quite what he writes
what the seller actual said seems quite reasonable for a $50,000 car...or anywhere close to that
"Before messaging and asking a lot of questions, make sure you have the funds to buy it and permission from your ???"
I didn't say that is what he wrote, it's the impression that "I'm" getting when I read his ad.

Here's the write-up from another ad he has:

"To all the Nova professional authorities who know what my car is worth without even seeing it in person.

My price is what I believe it is worth. NO I will not take $35,000, dont bother with offers like this, and NO I will not give you $30,000 for your rusted out $10,000 car. Look online and see what you can get for $30k, full of mud, replaced body panels and poorly built. I am open to face to face offers.

For you interested and have a PARTIAL trade, you must bring your trade to me, I am not driving hours to inspect your trade. or negotiating any deal sight unseen."

·
Registered
397 Posts
I can sympathize with the guy, he's probably already dealt with annoying tire kickers. I hate selling anything (esp a car) I just can't deal with people wasting my time. I was "going" to sell my Camaro, put the most explicit ad in Hemming's I could write, every single question a buyer could ask was answered. My big mistake was putting a price then adding bo, then people started offering 10K less and asked annoying questions that were already answered in my ad. I got so annoyed I re-wrote the ad taking out bo, then adding "no trades, no help with shipping, not answering questions that are in my ad, I don't even care to sell the car (yes just like that). I had zero replies and still own the car.

·
Registered
66 Nova SS
3,873 Posts
I can sympathize with the guy, he's probably already dealt with annoying tire kickers. I hate selling anything (esp a car) I just can't deal with people wasting my time. I was "going" to sell my Camaro, put the most explicit ad in Hemming's I could write, every single question a buyer could ask was answered. My big mistake was putting a price then adding bo, then people started offering 10K less and asked annoying questions that were already answered in my ad. I got so annoyed I re-wrote the ad taking out bo, then adding "no trades, no help with shipping, not answering questions that are in my ad, I don't even care to sell the car (yes just like that). I had zero replies and still own the car.
I hear ya!

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
My question would be how does he know it is a real ss? Would the title say it is a Nova SS? My friend with a 69 SS 396 found the Build sheet under the passenger side bucket seat. Maybe someone should tell him to check !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
My question would be how does he know it is a real ss? Would the title say it is a Nova SS? My friend with a 69 SS 396 found the Build sheet under the passenger side bucket seat. Maybe someone should tell him to check !!!!!!!!!!
Yea,if I were looking to get 50K for a car I would be pulling seats and gas tank to find that sheet, if it matches up you can be really arrogant because you can back it up. Lets be honest, how long does it take to do that? At least if I go full jerk on something I'm selling all the documentation will be on full display.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
It might be easy enough to use a small mirror and flashlight to look under the bucket seats

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Maybe his wife told him he has to sell the car because she needs the garage for scrap booking. He lists a ridiculus price and standoffish description. Win Win! No calls to answer and he still owns the car!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Maybe his wife told him he has to sell the car because she needs the garage for scrap booking. He lists a ridiculus price and standoffish description. Win Win! No calls to answer and he still owns the car!

Him: "See honey, I tried to sell it and nobody wants it so I'm just gonna keep it....."
Her: "OK"

Smart man:cool:

Reactions: jd128
1 - 13 of 13 Posts