Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that in 1969 Novas L6 and "smaller" smallblock radiators were the same and I have heard they are different. Anyone have an opinion on this?

The reason I ask is that I have a L6 in my car now. I will be putting a mild 350 in it next year. I am buying stuff to make this conversion pieces at a time to minimize the $ burdon when the time comes to do the swap. I just bought a stock V8 shroud off of member John65ss.

Anyway, will this shroud fit on a L6 radiator without cutting it or will I need to buy a different radiator?
Thanks, Kirk

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
is the L6 radiator a 2 core or 3 core? the tank size is the same.. as for if the shroud will fit... you will need the spring steel clips that go on the bottom of the core support to fit the shroud... the top you will need the captured nut clip that fints the top cover.. other than that its a direct fit....

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
Is the upper hole on your L6 radiator in the center?

The V8 version is on the driver side of the radiator.

They are definitely listed with seperate part numbers at our local parts stores.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah, I noticed they were separate part numbers in most cataogs.

Veno, i believe it is a 2 row. Not 100% sure how to tell but I looked into the radiator and there are two rows that fluid flows through...2 row??? Do you have any leads on where to get the hardware to mount a factory shroud? I've looked at all the major online catalogs but did not see anything.

Onecarnut,
I am unsure on what upper hole you are referring to.
Here are a few pics

Thanks Kirk

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
Yah, I noticed they were separate part numbers in most cataogs.

I am unsure on what upper hole you are referring to.

I was refering to the top radiator hole for the hose that goes to the engine.

The picture shows the hole is on the drivers side of the radiator, which would be compatible with a V8.

We put a 3 core in my son's 68; bought at local parts store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts