Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang
i have a pair of 68 ss buckets listed on ebay , some one said there not 68 ss buckets ? can anyone help me out ? they have metal backs and metal trim on the front. no lock on the seat back and tracks have slotted holes.
ive done some research and the tracks look right for a 68 but what about the metal backs and no locks? i heard there were safety issues with the 68 as far as seat back locks and also door lock knob placement.

i had talked to a guy at Desert Valley Auto Parts he said they were infact 68 buckets

any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Rusty

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
hey gang
i have a pair of 68 ss buckets listed on ebay , some one said there not 68 ss buckets ? can anyone help me out ? they have metal backs and metal trim on the front. no lock on the seat back and tracks have slotted holes.
ive done some research and the tracks look right for a 68 but what about the metal backs and no locks? i heard there were safety issues with the 68 as far as seat back locks and also door lock knob placement.

i had talked to a guy at Desert Valley Auto Parts he said they were infact 68 buckets

any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Rusty
All 68 Nova seats locked!! Button is on the side. Every 68 Nova I have seen or owned that had bucket seats have plastic trim. The seats you are selling are NOT 68 Nova seats. Just because Desert Valley said they are right, what makes him correct?? How many number 1968 Novas has he built personally? He may have some knowledge about GTO's and others but he is dead wrong on these seats!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All 68 Nova seats locked!! Button is on the side. Every 68 Nova I have seen or owned that had bucket seats have plastic trim. The seats you are selling are NOT 68 Nova seats. Just because Desert Valley said they are right, what makes him correct?? How many number 1968 Novas has he built personally? Ever seen some of the junks he built??? I have in person. Pure Crap!!! He may have some knowledge about GTO's and others but he is dead wrong on these seats!!!
Thanks i was looking for some help / info on these seats not some one to give me a hard time. Thanks for all your help

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Thanks i was looking for some help / info on these seats not some one to give me a hard time. Thanks for all your help
Am I missing something?? Numerous people have tried to assist you that are very knowledgeable about Nova seats and years they go in. You shot them all down telling them THEY need to do research.

Q: Superglide, These seats and tracks are not 1968 as you have advertised. They are 66 or 67 seats and tracks. Sep-07-12
A: you need to do your home work these ARE 68 ss bucket seats
Q: HI, I cancelled my bid on the seats. They are NOT 1968. You should change your description as they are 1966 1967. Sep-07-12
A: maybe you should do some more reasearch these ARE 68 SS bucket seats.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I understand the frustration at times but ebay is ebay lets keep it NPHNP here.:yes: He came here asking for help and its not always easy to know who is who on here and on ebay. Obviously based on the questions he's rethinking what he has trying to research it.:yes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand the frustration at times but ebay is ebay lets keep it NPHNP here.:yes: He came here asking for help and its not always easy to know who is who on here and on ebay. Obviously based on the questions he's rethinking what he has trying to research it.:yes:
thank you Jeff , if every one has looked at my ebay auction they will notice it has been changed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Funny, that was me asking the questions

That was me asking the question on the 68 seats. Geeze, would they not sell quick if they were advertised as 1966?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts