Chevy Nova Forum banner

1968 nova LS swap

5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Ls68nova 
#1 ·
new to the thread/posting and also my first one. The game plan is lq9 6.0 swap into my 1968 nova, this thread will unfortunately go by slow because im 21 year old working college student. So time and mostly money will effect this build. but any tips, suggestions, ideas ect. are welcomed

#12 ·
1st off ....... Welcome to SNS ...... and keep posting....... it gets even better

I really like your 1st pic in post # 8........ as I have a white 3rd gen ('69) with the stock GM Rally wheels

later,

jim

#17 ·
I highly recommend the dirty dingo slider mounts. But be sure to check out your frame side engine stands and measure them as there are a few different types that will affect your build. Mine were the tall and narrow versions... there are tall and wide, or short and wide depending on what was originally in the car.

#19 ·
I actually just picked up an LQ4 for my 69 about a month ago. My hope is to set it up with a turbo. I've read a lot on guys running loads of boost on a stock bottom end LS. Kind of just in the collecting parts stage right now. Also a broke college student.

Hopefully I can find a relatively cheap t56 because I'm not an auto guy. Hopefully I can trade my dad the small block and 4 speed and 10 bolt currently in my car for his 12 bolt in his 55 Chevy.

You guys planning on running efi or swapping to a carb?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.