Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
14,126 Posts
All the description about it being an L79 is a waste of space and should have no influence on it's current value. The engine is what made it an L79 and it's long gone. In fact, the loss of the L79 engine may be a detriment to it's value. Forget about the L79 nonsense and assess it for what it is today.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the description about it being an L79 is a waste of space and should have no influence on it's current value. The engine is what made it an L79 and it's long gone. In fact, the loss of the L79 engine may be a detriment to it's value. Forget about the L79 nonsense and assess it for what it is today.

Bob
Thanks Bob, yeah the L79 is meaningless to me. The overall correctness of the car is what I'm interested in. I know very little about 68 Nova's.

·
14,126 Posts
Thanks Bob, yeah the L79 is meaningless to me. The overall correctness of the car is what I'm interested in. I know very little about 68 Nova's.
It looks like a real nice, low mileage car. Not an SS (all 1968 L79s were non SS), but has the optional bucket seats. Body looks real good.

B.

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
551 Posts
My "opinion": Its a very nice looking and solid appearing 68 Nova. Possibly a former drag car due to the low miles and presence of the scattershield, driveshaft safety loop, air shocks, and slapper bars.

I'm guessing the reserve is around $23k-$25k. Is it worth what he wants for it? I say probably not simply due to the original engine and trans are not there. But I am not a 68 L79 authority and do not know the market.

Isn't the L79 option code reserved for a 350hp 327? Was it also used for a 325hp 327? *Edit*--research indicates the L79 was also offered in 68 as a 325hp 327.

You want a "correct" car? I am considering selling my #'s matching 70 SS 350.

·
14,126 Posts
Isn't the L79 option code reserved for a 350hp 327? Was it also used for a 325hp 327? *Edit*--research indicates the L79 was also offered in 68 as a 325hp 327.
1274 L79 Chevy IIs built in 1968, all non SS coupes with 327/325HP engines. The few 1967 L79s built were also rated at 325HP. Demand for the '68 L79 died pretty quickly when the big blocks appeared. As a result, 1968 L79s today can be a tough sell.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My "opinion": Its a very nice looking and solid appearing 68 Nova. Possibly a former drag car due to the low miles and presence of the scattershield, driveshaft safety loop, air shocks, and slapper bars.

I'm guessing the reserve is around $23k-$25k. Is it worth what he wants for it? I say probably not simply due to the original engine and trans are not there. But I am not a 68 L79 authority and do not know the market.

You want a "correct" car? I am considering selling my #'s matching 70 SS 350.
Sent you a PM.

·
6,584 Posts
Opinion's on this car. Thinking about going to look at it. Thanks Chip

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevr...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I looked at the auction again tonight and copied pictures for reference but I did notice it looks like the emergency brake cable might not be attached or working ?. While I have no idea what may be correct on a 68 multi-leaf rear spring (mine has the mono ones), the one in the picture does not look right.

While this might not be a big deal but I do have to throw this out is WHY do people when they want to sell something not post up some higher resolution pictures ?. Maybe it's me but when I see small pictures I wonder are they not trying or wanting to show things or what ?.

If you do look at it Chip, post some good pictures of it.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts