Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my twelve bolt back from Scribner Welding in Kent Wa, on Friday and wanted to post a couple pics of its awesomeness.
Welded tubes to center section
Reinforced spring perches
Mark Williams billet main cap, (drivers side)
Inland empire billet 1350 input yoke
Richmond 3.73's
Eaton clutch posi
New Moser axles and girdle cover
1/2 inch wheel studs that were cut to length to barely fit under my turbine Ralley caps with the drum brakes, although discs from Right stuff might be going on this setup, and those disc hats are an eigth thicker per side at least.

Yah I'm second guessing the C clips, but I feel its overbuilt for my car, it will never be transbraked, and tires will never be more than 11 inches wide, and no more than 500 horespower. The housing is an original 68 vintage twelve bolt and I felt that the value in the housing without cut ends justified keeping the c clips, but I've got enough wrapped into this build that I could have had a Moser nine inch or 12 bolt crate rearend for not much more.

I can't wait to burn both tires, I may have to bolt a set of junkers for break in and the ceremonial brody throwing session after I get a few miles on the gears.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
i welded my 12 bolt tubes 360 degrees and one tube bent ,, we had a rough return road at the track i was going to most of the time ,,, if i do another one , i'll stitch it at 4 corners like at the 4:30 -730 10 30 and 130 positions , and use a good sealer on the tubes

with the thick tubes it might not be a problem

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
are those axles available with 7/16 studs? also are those GM rallys? and did those 1/2 studs fit through the stock rim holes? or did you drill them to fit?

·
4,534 Posts
I would say for 500HP that is very much overkill, but I like it :D. Are the axles still 30 spline or did you upgrade to 33 spline, hard to tell from the pics? Most knowledgeable shops will put a jig in the differential while welding the tubes to keep them straight and will leave it jigged up until it's cooled off.

Miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts